Before you start
You should have all the information and supporting evidence required with you before starting the application. You will need :
- National Insurance Number (NINO) for each member of the household over the age of 16
- Address History for the previous 6 years for all members of the household. If you have been at no fixed abode during this time you will need to provide a "care of" (C/O) address where any post was sent or the address you were registered for education or GP records
- Details of any medical issues you are currently experiencing that affect the accommodation you require. This should also include details of any medication taken and any care you currently receive
- A current email address that you can receive correspondence regarding your application
As you complete the form, you will be asked to upload supporting evidence dependant on the answers you have given. As a minimum you will need to provide:
- Identity for all people included within the application
- Proof of Household income. This can be copies of wage slips or any benefit entitlement letters you have. Current bank statements can also show this
- Proof of addresses you have lived at for the previous 6 years - This could be any utility bills you have received, council tax bills, tenancy agreements, old bank statements etc
You may be required to provide further information if requested.
You can complete the form without uploading supporting evidence. However, you will need to log into your application using the User ID and Password given to you at the end of the form and the security question you have created and upload the documents at a later date.
You can save the application form and come back to complete it later as long as you enter a security question and click finish later. Your part completed form will only be saved for 10 days. After 10 days your information will be deleted and you will need to start again.
West Norfolk Homechoice will only assess an application when supporting information has been provided. Homechoice will not contact you if you have not provided any supporting information. Any outstanding or further information will only be requested once and West Norfolk Homechoice will not chase applicants to provide this information.
If you have provided supporting documents you will be contacted when your application has been assessed with a decision or a request for further information. If you have provided all the required information and have not received a response within 10 working days, you can contact us on 01553 616678 for an update.
To start a new application to West Norfolk Homechoice CLICK HERE
Maintaining your application
Once you have started an application you will be able to log into your account and manage your application. When you have logged into your application you will be able to
- Finish a form you have already started
- Complete a change of circumstances if any of your households details has changed
- Upload additional documentation/photos to support your application.
In order to log in to maintain your application you will need your:
- User ID number
- Security Question
- Security Answer
If you do not know your password or security question & answer you can reset these using the reset log in button.
When you make any amendments to your application or provide any additional supporting documents this will temporarily suspend your application in order for this information to be assessed. Any assessment will be carried out as soon as possible and will be prioritised in date order.
To maintain/update your application CLICK HERE
If you are not accepted onto the housing register or disagree with your banding
If you have read the Guide to West Norfolk Homechoice and wish to appeal a decision made by West Norfolk Homechoice this must be done within 21 days of receiving your decision. Please read your decision letter carefully as this should explain why you have been placed in this banding or if your banding is dependent on further information or assessment by the medical panel. For details on appeals please see the Guide to West Norfolk Homechoice.