How to apply
Applications are made online
The first part of the application is to complete details on behalf of you and members of your household. After that you will be asked to provide supporting evidence to back up what you have said on your online form.
You can save the application form and come back to complete it later as long as you enter a security question and click finish later. Your part completed form will only be saved for 10 days. After 10 days you will need to start again.
Your application is considered complete when you have bothcompleted all the questions and supplied all the supporting evidence.
Before you start
You should have all the information and supporting evidence required with you before starting the application. You will need :
- National Insurance Number (NINO) for each member of the household over the age of 16
- Address History for the previous 6 years for all members of the household. If you have been at no fixed abode during this time you will need to provide a "care of" (C/O) address where any post was sent or the address you where registered for education or GP records
- Details of any medical issues you are currently experiencing that affect the accommodation you require. This should also include details of any medication taken and any care you currently receive
- A current email address that you can receive correspondence regarding your application
As you complete the form, you will be asked to provide supporting evidence .
At the end of the form there will be a link for you to upload this. As a minimum you will need to provide:
- Identity and income for all people included within the application
- Proof of Household income. This can be copies of wage slips or any benefit entitlement letters you have. Current bank statements can also show this
- Proof of addresses you have lived at for the previous 6 years - This could be any utility bills you have received, council tax bills, tenancy agreements, old bank statements etc
West Norfolk Homechoice may also ask for any additional information to assess your application fully.
Please note any form started before 14th January 2017 and which has not been completed by 24th January will be deleted. From this date any form started will need to be fully completed and submitted within ten days.
To start a new application to West Norfolk Homechoice CLICK HERE
To finish off a part completed form CLICK HERE
Sending us supporting evidence
If you are sending documents about a change of circumstances or a new application, please make sure your application is up to date. If you provide supporting documents without updating your application it may be suspended until it is updated. If you do not have an application with West Norfolk Homechoice but provide supporting evidence these will not be considered and we will be discarded. Please note the form below is not an application for housing.
To provide scanned images/photos to support your application CLICK HERE
CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES
If your circumstances change you will need to let us know as soon as possible by updating your application. A Change of circumstances could affect your banding or your acceptance onto the housing register. You may also need to supply new supporting evidence with your change of circumstances, for examplea birth certificate for a new born child.
If you are sending documents about a change of circumstances or an existing application, please make sure your application is updated fully. If you provide supporting evidence without updating your application it may be suspended until it is updated.
To complete a change of circumstances CLICK HERE
If you are not accepted onto the housing register or disagree with your banding
You can appeal a decision made by West Norfolk Homechoice. Please read your decision letter carefully as this should explain why you have been placed in this banding or if your banding is dependent on further information or assessment by the medical panel.For details on appeals please see the Guide to West Norfolk Homechoice.
Please note: if you are already registered and able to bid for properties, logging in to update your application may mean that you will have to provide additional information. You will not be able to place bids until Homechoice has received and checked the additional information you have supplied.